An elegant masterpiece that combines the work of masters.
Based on the motif of the Shougeki-Maru, an original kabuto piece that was specially created for MR-G to express the grace and aesthetics of a warlord.
A one-of-its-kind worldview befitting of the top of the G-SHOCK lineup.
certified by 400 individual serial numbers in the world
Reaching new heights. A powerful presence and dignified aesthetic joined with traditional Japanese craftsmanship.
Original MR-G KABUTO Helmet,
Helmet/armour maker Yuzan Suzukine (main body)
and chaser Masao Kobayashi (maedate crest)
Engraved Bezel: Ascending Dragon, Restless Soul
The design of the bezel is done in the image of the crest of the Shougeki-Maru helmet. Masao Kobayashi, a metalsmith who was also involved in the production of the helmet, hand-engraved each bezel with the figure of a brave dragon. This gives each watch a distinctive one-of-a-kind look.
Masao Kobayashi is a third-generation craftsman in Otsu City, Shiga Prefecture. He also studied gold engraving in Kyoto and has worked as a goldsmith. In addition to the production of metal fittings for shrines and temples and the restoration of cultural assets, Kobayashi also produces metal fittings for tea utensils, arts and crafts, and a wide range of other items. He is one of Japan's leading metal crafts artisans.
Forged Bezel and Band: Savage Strength, Tetsu Sabiji*
The bezel and band adopt the texture of the Shougeki-Maru helmet. Forging based on the sand dies of casting artisan Masanao Kikuchi reproduced the rough feel of iron rust. It takes a high level of skill to apply a pattern to the sand mold with a brush or mist and impart a unique texture to the metal surface.
* Titanium treated with a deep-hardening process is finished with layers of both brown and blue ion plating (IP). Then the blue IP is removed from the convex surface to produce the watch's unique look, with its rusted steel texture and prominent ascending-dragon image.
Masanao Kikuchi is the 15th generation of Kikuchi Hojudo, which was founded in 1604, as a casting master of Yamagata Castle. Ever since his childhood, Kikuchi studied under his uncle, a national treasure, and under his father, the 14th generation of the Kikuchi clan. His works, which push the limits of new creations while preserving traditional techniques, are highly regarded both in Japan and other countries.
Links with a smartphone for more accurate timekeeping and access to a host of mobile link functions.
CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
- Shock Resistant
- Magnetic Resistant
- Screw Lock Crown
- Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
- AIP® (Arc Ion Plating) + Ion Plating
- 200-meter water resistance
- Case / bezel material: Titanium
- Solid Band
- Tight-lock, 1-press, 3-fold Clasp
- Titanium Band
- Tough Solar (Solar powered)
- LED light (Super Illuminator)
- Time calibration signal reception
Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
*5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal
The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals
Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany)
Frequency: 77.5 kHz
Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England)
Frequency: 60.0 kHz
Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States)
Frequency: 60.0 kHz
Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan)
Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga)
Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China)
Frequency: 68.5 kHz
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- The auto hand home position correction
- Hand shift feature (Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of indial)
- Dual time
27 time zones, Home city time swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
- 1-second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59'59
Measuring modes: Elapsed time
- Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 24 hours
Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments)
- Daily alarm
- Power Saving (hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Date display
- Day indicator
- Regular timekeeping
Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 5 seconds), second)
3 dials (dual time hour and minute, dual time 24 hour, day)
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration and mobile link function)
- Approx. battery operating time:
5 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
26 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
Size of case / Total weight
- Size of case: 54.7×49.8×16.9mm
- Total weight: 150g